Borzoi Canada was founded in 1976 by several Borzoi breeders and owners who had a love for the breed and a desire to promote it in Canada.
The Mandate of Borzoi Canada is:
- The betterment of the breed
- To further and promote the best interests of the breeders and exhibitors of purebred dogs, especially Borzoi
- To hold Championship Specialty Shows each year, one per province if possible
- To keep the membership informed via the Club newsletter, of Club activities and any items of particular interest.
Borzoi Canada Code of Ethics:
- I will support my club to the best of my ability and treat every one and their dogs with a dignity and respect that reflect favourably upon myself and my club.
- I will breed in accordance with the Canadian Kennel Club standards, rules and regulations to attempt to better the breed.
- I will try, as much as possible, to control the breeding of all stock, sold or otherwise.
- I will not supply stock to wholesalers, retailers or for raffles.
- I will explain to all newcomers to the breed the pros and cons of owning and breeding BORZOI.
- I will never sell nor give away a breedable animal that is unhealthy or genetically unsound, either physically or mentally.
- Basically, I will do unto others as I would have them do unto me.